Strawberry Oreo Frozen Yogurt
1 lb. strawberries, rinsed and hulled
2/3 cup sugar (use 1/3 cup if using a sweetened yogurt)
2 tsps vodka, strawberry vodka, or kirsch (optional)
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt, Greek yogurt, or honey yogurt
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
10 Oreos, coarsly crushed
- Slice the strawberries and toss them with the sugar and vodka (if using).
- Cover the strawberries and let them macerate for an hour.
- Place the strawberries, yogurt, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Chill the mixture for an hour.
- Churn the yogurt mixture in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Throw in Oreos halfway through when it seems to be of soft-serve consistency.
You know what I really love eating? Frozen yogurt! But do you know what’s even better than that? Oreos crushed into frozen yogurt – specifically strawberry frozen yogurt. I just can’t get enough of it! I actually learned of this mix at my first job back then, and ever since then, I’ve been hooked.
So I made a bit of a mistake while making it. Instead of throwing the oreos in at the end, I accidentally put them in at the start so most of it ended up being blended into frozen yogurt. I wanted chunky pieces in my frozen yogurt! There were still some pieces but it wasn’t crunchy anymore and there wasn’t as many pieces so I don’t know if I should add more oreos next time or not. I shall let you guys know next time I make it again. Nevertheless, it was still very delicious.
I used vanilla Greek yogurt and vodka when I made mine. I’m curious how the honey flavoured one would taste with this recipe. I imagine it would be pretty sweet.
Let me know if you try this recipe out! Did it get you hooked on strawberry oreo frozen yogurt too?